This page is provided as a service to our members who are looking for jobs, or for members whose companies are seeking qualified candidates.
Please note that job postings may be edited or abbreviated for web posting; be sure to obtain a complete copy of the job posting from the contact person listed.
Jobs will be posted for 30 days, unless instructed otherwise.
To post an position posted, e-mail your information to the Webmaster. Postings will not be edited, so they should be submitted in a format that is easy to cut and paste (plain text, Microsoft Word, etc.). Information such as experience required and salary range, as well as who should be contacted, and how, should be included.
Location Wayne, PA
Bozzuto Construction is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s fastest-growing general contractors. New clients and projects constantly come to us because of our dedication to the details in building excellence and our reputation for doing business with integrity. We treat our people with the same amount of respect. Here, you’ll work alongside great people and have an impressive range of benefits, ample opportunities to grow and time to have fun. This is a dynamic opportunity where you can have a major impact and an amazing experience right from the start.
We’ll count on you to lead teams and to steer the direction of projects so that, like us, you’ll be truly proud of the results you created. Clearly, we’re a little different at Bozzuto. We’re a company that has concern for the people and the communities we touch. We support your education and learning, which we encourage in every part of our organization, from our newest team members all the way to the top. And we believe in exercising creativity in everything we do. If you’re as passionate as we are about construction and feel strongly that perfection is an attainable goal, we invite you to join us.
Elliott-Lewis Corporation is a leader in the HVAC and mechanical services business in Philadelphia. We are currently seeking a Safety Coordinator to be responsible for upholding and furthering the safety culture including implementing safety directives, improving safety performance through training and program implementation, and ensuring safety policies and procedures are aligned with appropriate regulations. This position would work across all divisions within the company and will be located at our corporate headquarters in northeast Philadelphia.
Location Philadelphia, PA
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for leading the environmental, health, & safety program in Arctic Glacier, including compliance, culture, and metrics. It is responsible for the development and implementation of health & safety programs including accident prevention, loss control, environmental, and driver safety.
- Establish EHS specific goals and objectives at the regional level, track progress vs. goals, and report the results internally.
- Coach and influence all managers to integrate and manage Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) consistent with the risk and other aspects of the business.
- Develop and implement EHS programs that promote safe work practices, employee engagement, and metrics improvement.
- Maintain the EHS information systems such that they are accurate and capable of providing the data needed to meet strategic, legal, financial, and social reporting needs.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate operational controls, standards and work practices to meet legal, regulatory and AG requirements. Regulatory agencies include OSHA, EPA, DOT, MTO, etc.
- Direct and oversee AG’s incident reporting and investigation process.
- Coordinate the EHS training programs and ensure that all the necessary training is completed in an effective manner.
- Ensure locations have properly documented and deployed the necessary risk management programs (RMP) and plant safety programs (PSP).
- Provide a compliance self-assessment program, guide managers how to utilize, and track completion and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all manufacturing and distribution facilities within the Region and other relevant aspects of regional operations are in compliance with Provincial/State or Federal regulatory requirements, Safety Policies, Procedures and Standards.
- Identify regulatory and risk gaps across all AG locations, develop a prioritized action plan, and guide implementation.
- Perform inspections of properties and operations to evaluate health and safety issues. Work with local management to resolve any issues identified.
- Ensure risk assessment and job safety analysis tools are developed and utilized at all locations.
- Assist staff regarding the interpretation and implementation of health and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Provides technical assistance to departments and personnel.
- Ensure EHS is an effective part of the acquisition process, including due diligence before purchase and integration after purchase.
- Respond to reports of potentially unsafe working conditions.
- Check on the use of all types of personal protective equipment, evaluate their effectiveness and suggest improvements where needed.
- Identify and manage a centralized vendor for personal protective equipment and safety supplies.
Skills Requirements and Competencies
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies, health and safety, engineering or a related discipline
- A minimum of ten years relevant experience in health and safety or EHS.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of health and safety compliance, regulations, standards, safe work practices, and procedures is essential.
- Certification as a Safety Professional.
- Experience utilizing kaizen methodology to implement sustainable change.
- Strong computer skills.
- High energy change agent with the ability to drive organizational culture change through guiding, trust-based relationship.
- Strong influencing skills with experience partnering with operational leaders to achieve results.
- Systems focus with the ability to see how people, programs, processes, organization, and equipment interact to impact performance.
- Passion and capability to work with all levels of the organization including senior leaders, managers, and hourly employees.
- Collaborative approach with a field orientation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Dependable driver of critical projects.
- High level of enthusiasm and initiative to understand and implement safety techniques, standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Strong desire to drive improvement with the belief that all injuries and incidents can be prevented.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.