- December 10, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic Stress and Burnout Prevention in Safety Professionals: Strategies for Stress Relief and Self-Care
It’s been said that safety never sleeps. And, that was before COVID-19. Many safety professionals describe feeling overboard during COVID-19, including being overloaded, overextended and overwhelmed. The pressures include responding to the crisis, developing new protocols for sanitizing, monitoring and testing at jobsites, and providing non-stop support to co-workers and industry colleagues. Many safety professionals and their families have experienced extreme circumstances and hardships during COVID-19. It is time to focus on stress relief and self-care for the caregivers
- Discuss holistic wellbeing
- Learn symptoms of burnout
- Discuss the commonalities and differences between compassion fatigue and burnout
- Reinforce stress management techniques and self-care practices
- Resources for employers to address these topics with employees and families
Speaker Cal Beyer, CSP; Vice President; Workforce Risk & Worker Wellbeing; CSDZ
- Over 30 years’ experience in construction safety/health, wellness and risk management.
- He worked for a contractor in WA & OR with manufacturing and construction operations from 2014-2020.
- He launched the construction industry mental health and suicide prevention movement in 2014
- He serves with the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention since 2010; Co-Chair of the Workplace Task Force (2015-2017) and Executive Committee since 2016.
- He serves on the Expert Advisory Group of the Center for Workplace Mental Health since 2019
- He spoke at the 2019 ASSP Annual Conference in New Orleans on Suicide Prevention
- Authored/co-authored over 75 industry articles in manufacturing and construction
All meetings fee will be donated to the Children Hospital of Philadelphia 2020 Virtual Toy Drive Wish List.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.