Regional Safety Partners Inform Construction Industry About Value of National Recovery Month
On Thursday, October 3, 2019, regional construction safety partners came together to promote National Recovery Month and educate the local construction workforce that substance use treatment and mental health services can enable those with substance use disorders to live a healthy and rewarding life.
The regional construction safety partners were:
- General Building Contractors Association (GBCA)
- American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Med-Tex Services
These safety partners made stops at construction sites throughout center city Philadelphia, giving informative talks to the workforce at each job, handing out materials and high visibility gear that draws attention to the 2019 theme; Join the Voices for Recovery: Together We Are Stronger.
National Recovery Month stops included:
- New College House at University of Pennsylvania, 3335 Woodland Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Biomedical Research Building at University of Pennsylvania, 421 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- The Laurel, 1911 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Temple University Anderson Building, 11th & Pollett Streets, Philadelphia, PA