Call for Speakers – 2019 PDC
The ASSP Philadelphia Chapter invites presentation proposals for our annual Spring Safety Conference. The conference will be held on Thursday, April 18, 2019 in the greater Philadelphia area (exact location to be determined).
The mission of the conference is to provide a first-class event for occupational safety and health professionals to learn, network, and grow professionally. Topics submitted should serve to advance the field of occupational safety and health, address key issues, improve professional skills, and/or address emerging challenges. Our membership categories are maritime, hotel/service/food, construction, pharmaceutical/ chemical, manufacturing, oil/gas, insurance/risk, utilities/public, transportation/government, and security/fire/emergency response. Topics should be either field-specific or address new and emerging topics in safety which would be of interest to a broad audience of safety professionals.
Speakers should design and practice their presentations to run inside of 60 minutes including the question and answer portion (e.g. 50 minutes plus 10-minute Q&A).
To be considered, all potential speakers must submit a proposal meeting ALL the below criteria:
- Submit materials in pdf format via email
- Email subject line should be “ASSP Phila. Speaker Submittal” addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Proposal must contain:
- Description of the Presentation: Provide a description of your proposed presentation sufficient to evaluate the content and assess the level of interest for attendees. The description should be no more than one page.
- Learning Outcomes: List at least two (2) of the learning outcomes you expect attendees to achieve in this session.
- Biographical Summary: For each speaker, include a short biographical summary including current position, relevant qualifications, speaking experience and contact information.
- Brochure Summary: Provide a 100-word (maximum) summary of your presentation. If your presentation is selected it will be used in our conference brochure and may be edited.
Honoraria: Speakers will receive a complimentary conference registration, including lunch and a small gift in appreciation.
If Selected: Should your topic be selected for further consideration, you may be asked for additional information such as a copy of any handout materials, an outline of your presentation, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS DECEMBER 31ST, 2018.