Health and Safety Specialist
Location King of Prussia, PA
Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received countless recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
Assist the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager and local safety representatives in the planning, implementation, and coordination of EHS programs to protect our 1,300 employees in nine states and Washington, D.C.
- Assist with the development, communication and implementation of company safety procedures, practices and initiatives in partnership with RK&K leadership, Human Resources, and Project Managers
- Plan and organize Safety Working Group meetings and initiatives and support local safety representatives with achieving EHS performance objectives and regulatory compliance
- Track and analyze compliance metrics and identify trends that require improvement
- Prepare Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) and identify hazard mitigation strategies.
- Support Fleet Safety program by developing procedures and programs to reduce fleet accidents
- Conduct safety training and serve as EHS point of contact for our Learning Management System
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Health, Engineering or related discipline
- 2-5 years of safety experience; ideally in transportation construction (highway, rail, pipeline), oil & gas, or environmental remediation sectors
- Must possess excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Must be detailed oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and implement technical procedures, consensus standards and OSHA rules and regulations
- Ability to develop safety training modules and provide effective and engaging training
- Ability to investigate workplace incidents, determine root cause, and drive corrective action
- Ability to conduct office and field workplace safety inspections to identify and correct potential hazards and areas of non-compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Safety Certified Transportation Project Professional (SCTPP) or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) preferred
- First-hand experience with fall protection systems, permit-required confined spaces, and fleet safety practices and management systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Some work is performed in the field. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The employee may be near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs. as needed. The employee may need to use a variety of safety equipment, including harnesses, scaffolding, etc.
This employee must be willing to travel for overnight, multi-day trips as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
Visit the Careers page on RK&K’s home page.