EHS Specialist (Six-month Contract Position)
The candidate will support the company by preparing hazard communication documents (safety data sheets and product hazard labels), classification of hazardous chemicals globally using the Sphera Intelligent Authoring software system. Under the direction of the Global Regulatory Affairs Manager, and working closely with the Information Technology Group, the Hazard Communication Specialist will develop and maintain the company’s chemical hazard data, custom reports, SDS and label templates, and the software systems necessary for publication of SDS and product hazard labels for the countries of sale.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering or related technical discipline is required.
- 2-5 years of experience in the EH&S field, preferably in the chemical industry.
- Ability to develop and implement environmental, health and safety programs that are compliant with regulatory and company requirements.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, PADEP, DOT, FDA, DHS regulations.
- Understanding of dangerous goods transportation requirements, including IMO and IATA.
- Strong ability to learn software applications and learn complex databases.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in assessing Industrial Hygiene risks
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and attention to detail in all of their actions is required.
- Ability to organize data and identify gaps and develop strategies to address those issues.
- Experience using SharePoint and InfoPath a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct facilities audits and inspections as required.
- Conduct job safety assessments and risk assessments as required.
- Assist in development and maintenance of health and safety programs and OSHA compliance.
- Assist in development and maintenance of environmental programs and permit compliance.
- Assist regulatory reporting and record-keeping.
- Develop and deliver EHS training programs.
- Track and report key performance indicators and metrics.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
If interested, please submit your resumes to Lisa Fisher at email@example.com.